Sydney SPOT is pleased to offer families in our community the opportunity to come in and have a free 15 minute consultation with one of our Speech Pathologists or Occupational Therapists.
Just send us an email requesting an appointment, and we will get back to you with a time.
Before your appointment:
- Think carefully about your concerns
- Think about your child’s strengths
- Write down questions and observations you wish to share
- Bring a pen and paper so you can take notes
- Consider leaving your child at home for this appointment, so that you can talk candidly and focus on giving us the best picture of your child
This appointment is not about formally assessing or ‘diagnosing’ your child.
After listening to your comments, we may ask you some questions. The aim will be to gauge whether your child seems to be developing like their peers, or whether a formal assessment by a therapist would likely be of benefit.
If everything sounds ‘okay,’ we’ll try to give you some advice regarding what to look out for in the future, should you continue to have concerns.
The therapist may also suggest you consult other health care or educational specialists, such as Ear, Nose & Throat Specialists, Paediatricians, Audiologists, Optometrists or Psychologists.
We are passionate about helping children and their families. We know that early intervention leads to the best outcomes for children. If you have any concerns, come and talk to us!